Life insurance can help your family when you’re gone. But sometimes a life insurance company will deny a valid life insurance claim instead of paying out the benefits they were supposed to. Some life insurance companies will try to refund the premiums paid instead of paying the benefits that are due. If you have a life insurance claim and need help getting it paid, contact a life insurance lawyer at the Law Offices of Jason Turchin today for a free consultation. We can look into your case to see whether you may still qualify for life insurance benefits. Give us a call anytime at 800-337-7755 or submit a contact form online.
Why was my life insurance claim denied?
In the hundreds of life insurance claims we have handled, there are several reasons why a life insurance company may deny a claim. These include:
- Denied for material misrepresentation – When a policy owner takes out life insurance, they usually have to fill out an application. The life insurance company will ask several questions about the person’s medical history and criminal history. If the person lies on the application, the life insurance company may deny the claim. Sometimes, however, the questions are confusing or were answered correctly and the life insurance company still tries to deny the case. If your life insurance claim was denied for material misrepresentation, let a life insurance lawyer at the Law Offices of Jason Turchin review your case for free to see if you may qualify for benefits.
- Beneficiary dispute – Our life insurance lawyers have handled numerous beneficiary disputes involving life insurance claims. A beneficiary dispute may arise when the beneficiaries are changed at the last minute, or as a result of the undue influence of somebody else. They also arise when the policy or policy application had an error with regard to who a beneficiary should be.
- Beneficiary who kills an insured – Many states prohibit someone who kills another person intentionally from recovering their life insurance benefits. If your loved one was killed by somebody else who was supposed to be the beneficiary, you may be able to challenge that beneficiary designation and have them deleted from or skipped on the policy.
- Estate is the beneficiary on the life insurance – When a policy does not have a beneficiary listed, all beneficiaries died before the insured, or the named beneficiary is not allowed to collect because of a law, the estate will often become the beneficiary of the life insurance benefits. When this happens, our probate lawyers may need to open up in an estate to assist with filing a claim on behalf of the estate and then helping to sort through the distribution of any recovery.
- Interpleader lawsuit – When two or more people make a claim to the same life insurance policy benefit, the life insurance company will often file an interpleader lawsuit against both beneficiaries. Our life insurance lawyers have handled many interpleader lawsuits in both state and federal court.
What life insurance companies can you handle a life insurance claim dispute against?
Our life insurance lawyers have handled life insurance claim lawsuits against many life insurance companies. This includes Globe Life, American General, New York Life, Prudential, Transamerica, Gerber Life, Mass Mutual, John Hancock, Protective, Lincoln Financial, Northwestern Mutual, AIG, Reliance Standard, State Farm, and many others.
Do I need an attorney to help file a life insurance claim?
While you do not necessarily need a lawyer to file a straightforward life insurance claim, a life insurance company may deny a claim if the claim form, or policy application, contain any errors. There may be other legal concerns which would benefit from the advice of a lawyer to help process a life insurance claim, including any medical history in the insured’s past, or other potential beneficiaries who may try to make a claim to the policy. Our life insurance lawyers work on a contingency fee so there is no money upfront for us to help file a life insurance claim on your behalf.
How to hire a life insurance attorney in Florida
If you want to hire a life insurance lawyer in Florida, give us a call 24-7 at 800-337-7755 for a free consultation. We only get paid if you recover money. Otherwise, we waive all fees and costs if there is no recovery.
Do you serve the entire state of Florida or only certain cities or counties?
Our life insurance lawyers handle claims in the entire state of Florida. Whether you need help in Miami, Key West, West Palm Beach, Orlando, Tampa, Pensacola, Naples, or anywhere in between, give us a call for your free consultation.
Attorney Jason Turchin is admitted to practice law and all Florida county and circuit courts, as well as all three federal district courts in the state of Florida.